"Within infinite myths lies an eternal truth. Who sees it all, Varuna has but a thousand eyes Indra, a hundred You and I, only two. "

Thursday, March 11, 2010

To the end of a weird day...

Today started fairly normal, well as normal it can get when the sword of an probable inspection is on us :). Anyway the road to work was littered with vehicle accidents (atleast 3 ) and animal carcasses (atleast 10). Then I got the terrible news that a dear friend has lost her father.
I can not comprehend death. The very site/sound is morbid Even when I believe death in this universe is mere shedding of the physical being. So is it the physical remains that I find grotesque? Or Have I truly understood death as a transformation into another phase?
I do not deny the vacuum and heartache created by the departed. Every prayer for the deceased is to free the soul and let it find peace. So why do the remains cause agony and grief?
Standing on a cliff as I picture my departure ... my words would be.
On Death ..
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there
I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glint on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the autumn rain.
When you awake in the midnight hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush, of birds circling in flight
I am the stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there
I do not sleep.

will my soul look at my body and find it grotesque?

1 comment:

  1. Well the Poem is not my creation it is by a source unknown. Somehow Vinu got the idea it is one of my creation as a direct result of my recent interest in poetry. Maybe one day soon :)

    ReplyDelete